Monday, February 25, 2019

Spitfire Works!

 "Process is everything". With this spirit I would like this blog to capture the actual process of my sculpture builds from now onwards. I have in the past created a blog for each one of my sculptures and it's harder to keep them together, so this seems like a better idea...   I want to write about the process of making art for a variety of reasons, one being that I want to remember the building of the pieces; to stay engaged and present with the process, the difficulties, the victories, the moments which we all tend to forget once a piece of art is done and out in the world for others to react to. I also want to document the process to inspire and demystify it for those who are just wondering  "how Do you make something like this?" 
I will start this blog with a NEW piece that does not yet exist in the world; it's still only on paper and in my head. This piece has just been funded by Burning Man,(Huzzah!) so the build will now begin.
The piece is called The Flybrary.

No comments:

Post a Comment