Friday, May 22, 2020

In the Eyes of Others.



                      This was a small polaroid left inside of the Flybrary. One of my all time favorites.

This time last year I was starting the Flybrary build. It was an intense build, working every day up until the day of the load-in to get it done. After returning home I posted a few pics of the project I managed to take. I should remember that I need a designated photographer for my projects(!) and that all the good intentions of thinking I could document my own colossal project are pure silliness (even with a new Nikon camera). Over the months I have enjoyed seeing the various photographs of the Flybrary on social media and decided to make a compilation of some, which will serve as my much needed documentation!
Here is the #theFlybraryBM2019, #ChristinaSporrong in the eyes of others, mostly those who posted on Instagram.



and some images from the interior~



I really like this one-




One year past the start date of the sculpture the world has changed a fair bit. Who would have guessed that a global pandemic would swoop down on earth, wreaking havoc in its wake?

Yet, some things remain steady. Christian and I have received the go-ahead to build a collaborative sculpture, and we are just starting it now. I will write more on that next time- it is quite exciting, as we can create something that feels relevant today.

So back into the shop I go, and I will be looking for a talented photographer to document the next project! 

Cheers and Mask on!



No comments:

Post a Comment